All Girl Scout members are automatically covered with the Girl Scout Activity Accident Insurance for the entire year, however certain activities require additional insurance.
Do You Need Additional Insurance for Your Event or Trip?
1. Are all participants registered Girl Scouts (both girls and adults)?
2. Does the event last more then two consecutive nights?
3. Will you be traveling internationally?
4. Does every participant have personal or family insurance? If you are unsure, is this a group whose size would make it likely that a participant may not have personal or family insurance?
5. Are you hosting Girl Scouts or Girl Guides from another country who may not be insured while they’re here?
If the answer is "yes" to any of these questions please email the finance office a minimum of 2 weeks before the event in order to set up your insurance request.
Important Notes About Ordering Insurance
1.Optional insurance plans MUST be purchased 2 weeks in advance of the activity.
2.Only the Troop Leader or other registered adult in charge may order insurance.
3.Requests MAY NOT be transmitted directly to Mutual of Omaha. The appropriate form must be downloaded from their website, completed, and forwarded (with payment by check or money order) to the council office for approval.
For information on specific plans, click here.
Incident Report Form
Mutual of Omaha Insurance Plan 2