Are you interested in learning a sport, sampling the arts, preparing for a career, or rafting down a river? Do you dream of publishing stories online, traveling to exotic locales, or speaking on behalf of girls in Washington, D.C.? In Girl Scouting, you can do it all! Girls in grades K-12 can join as girl members. It's never too late to join in the fun.
Many Ways to Be a Girl Scout
A girl can be a Girl Scout in many different ways. She can:
Register individually and get regular updates by mail on council-wide events and opportunities.
Sign up for Girl Scout Camp. Many Girl Scout councils offer day and resident camping opportunities for girls.
Join a short-term interest group. Many Girl Scout councils offer four-week to six-month long sessions focusing on careers, engineering, sports, theater, and money management, just to name a few!
Join a troop/group with a group of girls and a couple of adults in your area.
Attend a drop-in site at a community or housing center. Many councils partner with community groups and other organizations to provide Girl Scouting to girls on an as-needed basis.
Girls can join Girl Scouts at any grade–level:
Girl Scout Daisy, grades K-1
Girl Scout Brownie, grades 2-3
Girl Scout Junior, grades 4-5
Girl Scout Cadette, grades 6-8
Girl Scout Senior, grades 9-10
Girl Scout Ambassador, grades 11-12
Become a Lifetime Member
Our lifetime members are a cherished part of our family. By making a commitment to Girl Scouts, you will be supporting the Lifetime Membership Endowment Fund, which is used to develop and extend Girl Scout membership to all girls. Lifetime membership as a Girl Scout adult is available to any individual who accepts the principles and beliefs of the Girl Scout Movement, pays the one-time lifetime membership cost, and is 18 years of age or older or is a high school graduate or the equivalent.
You will receive:
- A lifetime membership certificate signed by the Chair of the National Board of Directors
- A lifetime membership card
- Information on how you can purchase a lifetime membership pin
- A lifelong connection with a mission-focused, values-driven organization that helps girls develop as happy and resourceful citizens
The lifetime membership dues are $300.00 (25 times the annual dues). A special lifetime membership, at the reduced cost of $156.00 (13 times the annual dues), is offered to girls who are registered Girl Scouts 14-17 at the time of their high school graduation, provided they apply for lifetime membership before their current annual membership expires.
Becoming a lifetime member is easy. Here's how:
- Download the Lifetime Membership Brochure and Registration Form (PDF)
- Return the completed form—along with your check, money order, or credit card information—to your USAGSO-West Pacific or to Girl Scouts of the USA, 420 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10018-2798